TF Laptop Checkout
TF semester long laptop checkout is once again open to graduate students involved in classroom instruction. To apply click here. (supply is limited)
Dailty Laptop Checkout:
Purpose of the Daily Laptop lab is to allow music students easy access to basic and specialized computing needs throughout the building during the day.
- Internet access/email/chat/media players
- MSOffice & Adobe CS 6 Applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint,Photoshop,Audition, Indesign, Illustrator,Premier, etc)
- Full versions of Finale, Sibelius, Max7 and Band in the Box.
- Open Source audio apps (Audacity/Spear/PD)
Procedure for daily checkout
- All students must present a valid UNT Student ID in order to use a laptop. No other form of ID will be accepted. All Student ID’s must be encoded correctly and must be in the university system. If you are rejected by the system for any reason, you will not be able to use a computer until you correct the problem with either the ID office or the Registrar.
- All computers MUST be used within the confines of the College of Music.
- Any laptop that is not returned at the end of the day (closing time) will result in the blocking of a student's account, a possible report to the authorities and a bill for the replacement cost of the machine.
If you wish to use a laptop for streaming music or web broadcasts you will need to provide you own headphones.
Small midi keyboards are available for checkout to be used with Finale and Sibelius on the laptops when required.