Any student requiring a UNT laptop (mac or pc) for general remote learning can also be checked out from the library both on a 24 hour basis or a semester long basis if needed. The library is now the primary location for students to acquire laptops on campus. Click here for more information.
The music lab does have a limited supply of specialized mac laptops for graduate student use in support of teaching duties if the library laptops are unable to run specialized software or they have run out of inventory, but we encourage you to first investigate what they have to offer before Submitting a Music Lab Laptop Request.
Mobile Laptop Classroom
The CoM student lab and technology center now offers a mobile lab laptop cart for use throughout the college in support of classes or special events where instructors require participants to have access to computers. Click Here to check availability and make a reservation.
USB Microphone Checkout
To support students with remote music projects we offer USB Microphones
To request one please CLICK HERE
Daily Laptop Checkout
A limited number of laptops are available at the music desk for situations where students or instructors need mobile access to music lab software or to present in the Recital Hall or Choir Room.
Procedure for daily checkout
- All students must present a valid UNT Student ID in order to use a laptop. No other form of ID will be accepted. All Student ID’s must be encoded correctly and must be in the university system. If you are rejected by the system for any reason, you will not be able to use a computer until you correct the problem with either the ID office or the Registrar.
- All computers MUST be used within the confines of the College of Music.
- Any laptop that is not returned at the end of the day (closing time) may result in the blocking of a student's account.
Additional Guidelines and Reminders
- Do not sync your iPod or other MP3 players with iTunes. You might lose information as the laptops have DeepFreeze on them which will erase anything saved to the hard drive.
- The Lab is not responsible for the loss of or damage to a user’s file during the loan period.
- The Lab is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user’s storage device.
- The Lab or UNT cannot be held responsible for any information (credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc.) that is compromised through the wireless network.
- The laptop is your responsibility while it is checked out to you. Never leave the laptop unattended.
Saving Your Work
- Do not save any files to the laptops hard drive. They will be erased when the laptop is turned off.
- Files can be saved to a personal storage device or your UNT Student Storage Space on OneDrive.
- Once the computer is shut down, any files saved on the hard drive will be erased.
- Library staff does not provide technical or software support for users.
- If you experience problems with your borrowed laptop, please return it to the music lab desk. You will be given another laptop, if available.
If you wish to use a laptop for streaming music or web broadcasts you will need to provide you own headphones.
Small midi keyboards are available for checkout to be used with Finale and Sibelius on the laptops when required.