Closed for the SUMMER
Mac laptops are available to TFs in support of their teaching duties and other enrolled music students who are in need due to not having a computer and require offsite access to technology to support their remote education. Due to high demand all available laptops are currently checked out.
Any student requiring a UNT laptop (mac or pc) for general remote learning can also be checked out from the library on a 24 hour basis. Click here for more information.
USB Microphone and MIDI Keyboard Checkout
To support students with home music projects we offer both USB Microphones and
micro MIDI keyboards. To request one please CLICK HERE
Daily Laptop Checkout
Purpose of the Daily Laptop lab is to allow music students easy access to basic and specialized computing needs throughout the building during the day.
- Internet access/email/chat/media players
- MSOffice & Adobe Applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint,Photoshop,Audition, Indesign, Illustrator,Premier, etc)
- Full versions of Finale, Sibelius, Max, Protools and Logic.
- Open Source audio apps (Audacity/Spear/PD)
Procedure for daily checkout
- All students must present a valid UNT Student ID in order to use a laptop. No other form of ID will be accepted. All Student ID’s must be encoded correctly and must be in the university system. If you are rejected by the system for any reason, you will not be able to use a computer until you correct the problem with either the ID office or the Registrar.
- All computers MUST be used within the confines of the College of Music.
- Any laptop that is not returned at the end of the day (closing time) will result in the blocking of a student's account, a possible report to the authorities and a bill for the replacement cost of the machine.
Additional Guidelines and Reminders
- Do not sync your iPod or other MP3 players with iTunes. You might lose information as the laptops have DeepFreeze on them which will erase anything saved to the hard drive.
- The Libraries are not responsible for the loss of or damage to a user’s file during the loan period.
- The Libraries are not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user’s storage device.
- The Libraries or UNT cannot be held responsible for any information (credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc.) that is compromised through the wireless network.
- The laptop is your responsibility while it is checked out to you. Never leave the laptop unattended.
Saving Your Work
- Do not save any files to the laptops hard drive. They will be erased when the laptop is turned off.
- Files can be saved to a personal storage device or your UNT Student Storage Space on OneDrive.
- Once the computer is shut down, any files saved on the hard drive will be erased.
- Library staff does not provide technical or software support for users.
- If you experience problems with your borrowed laptop, please return it to the appropriate desk. You will be given another laptop, if available.
- Technical Support and Software Application questions may be directed to the Libraries’ Help Desk, or (940) 565-3024. The Help Desk is staffed 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you wish to use a laptop for streaming music or web broadcasts you will need to provide you own headphones.
Small midi keyboards are available for checkout to be used with Finale and Sibelius on the laptops when required.